An exciting new development!
The Salvation Army Training College has commenced a trial period for implementing live streamed units. Current students (and new students) from across Australia have the opportunity to participate in live classes at the College in Melbourne. If you have a desire to learn through the Training College but don’t live close to Melbourne to travel to the Training College, live streaming of classes may be what you are looking for. Enjoy the opportunity to participate in class, while in the comfort of your own home or office. Ask for an application form and the 2011 Prospectus.
What do you need?
- Broadband Internet Access (you can check your internet speed here – you must get a score of 0.5Mb/s).
- An additional 5GB Data downloads per month (for corps officers on the tier 2 network please see the Feb issue of ITS News for the latest prices on broadband internet offered by the Salvation Army).
- Standard web browser and latest flash plugin
- An inotes username and password (please notify us if you don’t have one)
- Web cam with Microphone
- Go here to test your machine/connection to see if it will work with Adobe Connect Pro
How much time will I need?
- Watching the lecture stream each week for 2 hours
- Participation in the online tutorial each week 1 hour
- Study and pre reading for classes each week 3 hours +
What will we provide?
- A password and username to access the streaming site
- We will email to you weekly readers and assignment cover sheets
- Librarian support via email? (You can access the catalogue here)
What is the cost? (2011 figures)
- Undergraduate units $981.00 per 15 point unit
- Graduate units $1,308.00 per 15 point unit
- Auditing units $400.00 per 15 point unit
- Audit students are invited to participate in class but there is no requirement for a student to undertake assessment tasks. Therefore, the unit can not be credited to an award.
- Students undertaking degree level units are liable for the full fee, however as most of our units are offered at diploma only level a scholarship for diploma level units is available thus requiring diploma students to pay a lower fee of $600.00 per 15 point diploma unit.
- Purchase of a web cam (if you need one)
How do I submit assignments?
- · Assignments are to be submitted through the registrar of the Training College, Margaret Coombridge (email@example.com).
Do not submit assignments through the lecturer or other staff members of the college.
- · Completed Assignment Cover sheets must be attached, with signed acknowledgement that you understand the requirements of submission as indicated on the sheet.
What happens if my Internet connection fails?
The college takes no responsibility for the Internet connection of a student, please take time to test your Internet speed and download capacity before enrolling in a live streaming subject.